Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chiro Hands



My latest. It is for a chiropractic office. Can you tell? I honestly never know where these pieces are going when I start. That is why- I suppose - that I will start with one concept and then create something that I really don't like looking at.... and if I don't like it I trash it or pile it in my closet.
I guess if you formally train in art you learn how to plan pieces. I don't honestly know. In any event as I was drawing the colorful spine, the paint was so gooey and interesting (it was an all purpose weather resistant gloss), that I felt called to paint my hand and make an impression with it.
Little by little, I simply felt like adding one shape or dot at 'this or that particular location' in the whole. And as with all these types of my drawings, all of a sudden I start to like where it is going - it feels good to see it. I then patiently wait in between each addition - I stand back; look at the whole; look for where something feels like it is missing. I choose the color the same way. Don't ask me where this comes from.
Well, I will be bringing it to the chiropractors office - this coming week.

3 comments:

lilly said...

i thought you'd abandoned this blog! :D

i really like this painting, and it's so cool that it'll be hanging in a chiropractor's office.

your art is unique and beautiful ... just like you are!

Tribecca said...

Thank you very much Lilly! You are an inspiration!.

Norma said...

I love this!