Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another kind of creation...

This street car is not named desire. It has no name. This is a water color that orignated from a photograph that I took when I lived in New Orleans. Ahhh what a town! It is almost Mardi Gras you know... Should I hop on a plane and join friends?...sooo tempting! Then again, that is not what I should be talking about here :-).

This work hangs on the wall of dear friends that I met and grew to care about while living in New Orleans. I just like street cars. They are such an interesting way to travel. Not quite a train, not quite a bus. Lots of rattling and charm.
I took a picture of the street car that passed by my apt. I called # 930 my car. The funny thing is - years later I saw a picture in a restaurant that was car #930 with the same tree in the background. If I could have bought that black and white print I would have.

I would really love feedback on this one. Often it is the only one that people make note of when they visit my gallery. I don't know why? And to add to this intriguing bit of information. Men notice it. Women do not. It is just interesting and I wonder why. ... Any insights or comments - feel free to share!!!

No comments: