Sunday, February 8, 2009

A colorful face this time....

This piece is a demonstration of how much I love working with colors!!! As well as how much I like drawing faces. Perhaps this is why I am trained to see 'faces' in other things.

It must be in my blood or a genetic trait. My sister is an amazing portraiture artist. (See http://nadinerobbinsportraits.com/ OR http://nadinerobbinsportraits.blogspot.com/)

Of course artists have different styles and forms of self expression... but I have to say that I consider myself a wannabe artist :-) compared to her. However, as you can see this doesn't stop me in the slightest from having the urges to draw, being attracted to color and wanting to learn more about different formats.
I feel that formats are often 'different vocabularies' in art. Right now I feel comfortable with pencil and oil pastels. And just like my french.. I am a bit rusty in watercolors. I can't speak a word of Russian or of 'oil painting' .


Will be sharing more of the work with pencils in a next post.

No comments: